Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Letters!

Tyler and his entire class wrote letters then walked them up the street to mail them in a real mailbox. So much fun!

Tyler and Tucker pretend to be pilots at school. "Busy Airflight 1, you're clear for take-off!"


Tristan's best friends are letters, especially "H" for some reason (and not the little one, only the big one!). I use letters to prevent meltdowns even!



This was the start of my Wednesday morning:




Tyler: "Emergency! Emergency!" He races into the bedroom where I am putting away the boy's clothes.




Me: "What is it? Did the guys in your castle eat too many cookies?"




Tyler: "No, it's Tristan. Come look!"




We scramble out of the bedroom to find Tristan standing on the dining room table chewing on a knife he apparently found there. The kid is going to give me a heart attack. This was after I found him standing on the wobbly arm of the chair in the computer room where he likes to play computer games. He was just calling my name, "Mama, mama." Very casually. He either wanted me to witness him jumping and breaking his arm, or he wanted me to save him. I opted for the later. Other than being a daredevil, Tristan is absorbed by letters. Like in the alphabet. We have a DVD about them and he is fixated on it. He loves to play with them in the tub and he apparently likes X so much he picked it off my keyboard (luckily he's not into vowels).




No comments: